Saturday, February 23, 2013

IT's the end of the line...for now...


I spent Valentines Day being in love with two items...the road and Go Buggy!  I am such a lucky gal! 

I usually entertain myself with the radio and was quite successful finding my favorite kind of music...Classic Rock.  I shifted from one station to the next all the way home.  It was fairly effortless.  One market area rolled into the next.  A few times I couldn't find what I liked so I listened to Hemingway's, "The Sun Also Rises" on audio...read by William Hurt.  Very good.  I enjoyed it.  This was the last leg of my trip and I expected to be home in about 12 hours.  I didn't want to go into the LA basin and deal with all that traffic mess. 

I was on the road at 7:30AM.  Big hugs to my sister friend along with a, "See you next month!"  I took 303 North to Prescott- hung a left and picked up Hgwy 40 outside of Prescott!  Then caught California 99 north.   There were a few other smaller highways but that was basically it.  Before leaving Arizona I decided to indulge myself at the Road Kill Cafe - on a piece of Historic Route 66 on now Hgwy 40....totally cool!  Small town wonderful, road side diner taste!    Yeah, I bought a T-shirt.  I love buying t-shirts.  They are fun.  And I'm a blue jean and t-shirt kind of gal! 

I know there are faster ways home but I wanted to take a route I hadn't taken yet.  You know...the road less traveled.  I've driven to Arizona many times and I just wanted to drive a different  route.  I wasn't sure how Go Buggy would handle the mountains although by this point in my trip I was fairly certain Go Buggy would do just fine.  I wanted to explore something different.

As proven earlier in my trip...."Road Work Ahead" was the motto turning a 12 hour trip into a 16 hour ordeal....that's right, 16 hours.  Detours, traffic slow downs, 4 lanes into one....ugh!  I got home around midnight.  I loved  my road trip but it felt good to be home and I was tired.

So if you ever want some company driving across country...I've got some experience with the lower half of the lower 48...LOL!

This installment ends our first adventure.  But next month, Go Buggy and Driver take off to Phoenix once again where yours truly will attend the Eric Clapton concert with her sister friend of many years.  This is a very big deal for anyone who is remotely familiar with the 70's (and 80's and 90's) music.  My son even knows who "Slow Hand" is.  As he pointed out to me it's hard not to when you have me for a mother!  I think that's a compliment?

Until the next adventure Go Buggy and Driver remain ready to jet at a moments notice...but mostly we just like the experience along the way.  Life is full of wonder.

Have a wonderful day and may all your travels be blessed.
Just go.





No comments:

Post a Comment