Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Brother, the motorcycle club and me

I rolled into Houston about 8:30 on Thursday night.  My brother, Clayton,  wasn't expecting me until Friday, sooooo...SURPRISE!   It was nice to have quiet time, just my sister in law, Ginger,  Clayton and me.  We don't get to visit often enough and the time we do get is shared with the motorcycle club.  So I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday hanging out in Houston.

It's always great to visit Clayton and Ginger.  Clayton  is a Harley Davidson guy (retired motorcycle cop) and he keeps a Harley household...bikes, motorcycle club, and lots of club members.  It's great when I get into town and I'm greeted by lots of well intentioned people ready to celebrate my arrival.  Actually, they are always ready to celebrate for any reason and my arrival is as good a reason as any!  So the garage door is opened, Friday night is date night and the fun  begins with lots of  food and drink.  Everyone who stops by brings something so there are many treats and we all enjoy the evening and each others company while getting caught up since my last visit.  Grand children have arrived, others have married, kids have left home, some graduated college, others are now empty nesters (yippee!), and still others have welcomed grown children back home....to everything there is a season....turn, turn, turn.

There is talk of the coming week end events and bravado all around.  Large talk but genuine, fun loving people who have known each other for years.  I take my teasing as I am a good sport and as long as I can tease back...I'm good!  I can dish it out as well as I can take it.  But beware...these folks are professionals! 

Clayton talks about me moving to Houston so the conversation evolves around, "When you retire and move to Houston, there is this really great little house that would be perfect for you..."  Yadda, yadda, yadda.  I laugh as I have absolutely no intention of moving to Houston.  But we love to play this game.  It makes us laugh and Ginger just clicks her tongue and shrugs.  So during the weekend, folks stop by to look at my Go Buggy and I try to answer technical questions about its operation.  There is always club business to discuss so the conversation keeps moving in preparation for the district meeting on Saturday.  All went well.

Sunday was quiet and we napped, cooked, ate and talked.  Mostly Clayton teased me as brothers do and Ginger and I just look at each other and roll our eyes...LOL!  We tried a new place for breakfast and lazily napped the afternoon away.   I knew I had to leave in the morning and I could not stay an extra day or two which would have been most welcome but not possible on this trip.

Well, stay tuned to the next installment in which yours truly bravely charges forward while taking on Highway 10 out of Texas...it takes f o r e v e r  to get out of Texas....LOL!  I can hear Marty Robbins singing now.....

I hope your day is wonderful and your travels are blessed.
Just go!

Oh, by the way, I got another submission for Go Buggys' name....Miles...kind of snappy.   It's in the hopper!  So far I've got three submissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment